Friday, March 2, 2018

My Little Whisk Broom Collection

Anytime you have three of something, you have a collection! The tiny one is my favorite.

My grandmother always used to use a little broom like this to brush off my grandfather's coat before he went out. She never got behind in any housework or outside chores. This was what she said about procrastinating. "It's easier to keep up than to catch up." 
She kept a perfect house too. She would devote one week to each room for spring cleaning. That was back in the day when women washed walls and waxed floors and removed old wax so they could wax them again. We have it so easy now. 

4 comments:

Pam said...

Your grandma sounds like mother. Mom and I spent many hours making our home sparkle, and it was very hard work! Life is much simpler now, thank goodness!

jane said...

my grandfather apparently said that it was easier to carry a lantern in the morning than the evening.

Linda Sand said...

I like the saying "If you don't have time to do it right, how will you find time to do it over?"

Betty said...

We really do have it easier and I'm grateful. I don't mind cleaning and taking care of things though.